F2P Campus 2019 edition Vitoria-Gasteiz
Evil Zeppelin, from Barcelona, is the studio behind Quest 4 Fuel, a turn-based RPG set in a dark, post-apocalyptic world fighting for control of the infinite fuel source.
The PWNRS team comes from Belgrade (Serbia), where they are working on Football Clash Arena (iOS, Android): ‘The most badass PvP turn-based football strategy you will ever play’.
Red Meat Games
The Red Meat Games team arrives from Canada to work on Sentience, their latest game after working on titles such as Bring To Light, Cube Samurai: Run, Wits and Warfare, First Impact: Rise of a Hero and Crave Trivia.
Boom Slingers is the game the Tuokio team are developing in Tampere (Finland). An online multiplayer turn-based title with a combat system inspired by Worms artillery and card games.
Since launching Evil Nun, the project Etorki Games brought to the F2P Campus in Vitoria-Gasteiz, the response from the community and influencers has been overwhelming: The game has been downloaded more than 1.000.000 times.
Jon Beltran de Heredia
- Responsible for game analytics & monetization at Digital Legends Entertainment
- Lead Developer of Commandos & Commandos 2
- Creator of ViEmu
- Published author (assembly language book, scientific AI paper)
- Professor at U-TAD (Madrid) and UPC (Barcelona) Game Development Master’s Degrees.
- Co-founder and Idelogist at Katoid
- Production direction at Digital Legends Entertainment 2010-2017
- Free-to-play game analytics specialist
- Games industry professional since 1999
- Lead Consoles Developer of Commandos 2
- Professor at U-TAD (Madrid) and UPC & ENTI (Barcelona) Game Development Master’s Degrees.
- Co-founder and CEO at Katoid
- COO at Binaree (South Korea)
- Chief Revenue Officer at Vertige
- Chief Marketing Officer at Playground
- Senior Manager Marketing & Strategy at Com2Us
- VP of Art at Social Point
- Creative Director at BigPoint Gmbh
- Senior Producer at Electronic Arts
- Artist for “The Settlers III” at Ubisoft
- Consultant specializing in game design, creativity and production
- Founding member of the Assassins’ Creed franchise at Ubi Soft (2004-2016)
- Senior AI Developer at Warthog Games
- AI Developer at Appeal
- Lead Game Designer of ‘Pudding Monsters’, ‘Cut the Rope 2’, ‘King of Thieves’ and ‘C.A.T.S: Crash Arena Turbo Stars’ at Zeptolab
- Speaker at GDC San Francisco ‘Designing a F2P Game that’s Different’
- Successful indie game developer
- Founder & CEO at Cogoo
- Board Member and Director of Global Game
- Operations and Marketing at Devsisters
- Live Producer at Nexon America
- Co-founder and CEO of Omnidrone
- VP and General Manager of Digital Chocolate Barcelona
- Founder and CEO of Microjocs
- Co-founder & CEO of Everguild free-to-play game studio
- Director of Business Strategy EMEA for GREE Inc.
- Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Company
- Lead Game Designer at King. Bubble Witch Saga 3, +55M downloads, 4.7 user rating
- Game Design Consultant at GameBCN
- Game Designer at Yoctobit
- Lead Game Designer at Frugal Games
- Creator of ‘A Dark Room’ videogame
- Creator of ‘The Ensign’ videogame
- Creator of ‘A Noble Circle’ videogame
- Creator of ‘MIRTS’ videogame
- RubyMotion owner and CEO
- Founder of Corogames
- Independent Game Developer since 2012
- Game development instructor at ENTI (Universitat Barcelona)
- Scuba diver and sailor
- Co-founder & CEO of Pocket Puppet
- Designer of ‘Undead Planet’ videogame
- Design director at Digital Legends Entertainment
- Former designer at Pyro Studios 1998-2017
- Game Designer for “Dragon City” at Social Point
- Cofounder and Game designer of Red Candle Studio
- Graphic Designer at Nexway and e45 Comunica
- Artist and photographer
- Co-founder & Lead Artist at Everguild free-to-play game studio
- Head of Animation Studio for Zeppelin TV (2018-)
- Director of Catsula Studio (2016-)
- Founder of Toonside – animation production management software (2016-2018)
- Animation Director at Imira Entertainment (2002-2016)
- Partner, game designer and developer at Tectoon Studio (2002-2004)
- Director of Sage Ideas at SAGE
- Pioneer inventor of Idea Management systems globally
- Co-founder of Hominex, start-up acquired by SAGE in 2011
- Professor at UEM on Organizational creativity and innovation systems
- 20+ years experience working as an innovation expert worldwide
- Producer at Wise Blue Studios Spain
- Producer and Founder Blue Dream Studios Spain
- Founder, Somnia Cinema
- General Manager at Tilting Point Barcelona
- Executive Producer at Flaregames
- Studio GM & Executive Producer at Gameloft International
- Tilting Point Barcelona
- VP Product at Social Point (Take-Two Interactive)
- Senior Consultant and Manager at Accenture Paris
Winner of Barcelona’s Funniest FICer, 2016
- Host and organizer of Hush Hush Comedy Barcelona.
- Winner of Barcelona’s Funniest FICer, 2016
2019 PUBLIC TALKS
Sven Liebich: “Mailman Bites Dog. Why catchphrases matter in the F2P business today.”
Game art and game production expert since 1997. Key artist, creative director, and senior producer for worldwide recognized games such as “The Settlers” (Ubisoft), “Lord of Ultima” at Electronic Arts, and many others.
Carlos Coronado: “F2P Campus Academy”
Independent game creator. Author of Infernium (PS4, Switch, PC), Annie Amber, MIND: Path to Thalamus and Warcelona.
Julian Serravi: “Gauging the pulse of an F2P Game”
Game Designer at Social Point. Working hard as Live Operations Designer in Dragon City (+50M downloads). Founder of the indie studio ‘Red Candle’.
Isabel Tallos: “Parrots, Gamers and Space Marines”
Renowned artist and photographer having made the move to lead artist of successful free-to-play videogames.
Andrés Tallos: “Neverending Story: Live ops in small teams”
Former Director of Business Strategy EMEA for the Japanese videogames giant GREE Inc. Founder of independent free-to-play game studio Everguild.
Álvaro Rico: “Free-to-play myths & legends”
Lead designer of free-to-play games ‘Respawnables’ and ‘Afterpulse’, totalling over 50 million downloads.
Eugene Yailenko: “Increasing chances for success when starting a new game”
Creative Director at ZeptoLab. Designed CATS, King of Thieves, Cut the Rope 2.
Rafa Bernabé: “How to monetize a free-to-play game”
Took part in the design of several of the top free-to-play games developed in the last few years.
Gerard Fernandez: “The most common errors when creating a videogame startup”
Games industry expert since 2002. Founded Microjocs and grew it to €2 million annual revenue, then sold it to Digital Chocolate. VP and Studio GM for Digital Chocolate Barcelona. Cofounded Omnidrone in August 2013 and raised US $2 million from Nokia Growth Partners, London Venture Partners, and Kibo.
Stephane Assadourian: “Making Games: produce with a top-down rational approach”
Founding member of the Assassins’ Creed franchise. 20 years veteran game developer with expertise in IP Development, Production & Processes and Creativity Management. Coach for anyone who wants to make games.
Amir Rajan: “The Contrarian Perspective on Free-to-Play”
Creator of ‘A Dark Room’, #1 iOS app store game in 2014, among other successful indie games.
Nathalie Martinez: “Animation and videogames”
Experienced producer, manager, leader and founder of independent live-action and animation studios and productions. Applying game technology to animation in her latest productions.
Joony Koo: “Why indie game studios should consider making blockchain games”
Pioneer of free-to-play games monetization starting at Com2Us with the 2010 hit ‘Homerun Battle 3D’. Jury of the prestigious IMGA awards.
Tilting Point: “10 Best Practices When Building & Growing a Mobile Game Studio”
Mathias Royer (GM Tilting Point Barcelona) and Guillaume Verlinden (new incorporation to Tilting point, after his previous role as VP Product at Social Point) will present the talk “10 Best Practices When Building & Growing a Mobile Game Studio”.
Sangpil Moon: “Practical Tips in launching a new game for Small teams”
Founder & CEO at Cogoo. Formerly at Devsisters and Nexon America.